Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Contest Entry!

I am entering the Back to School Contest at Requiem Art Designs!

The entry page is here.

Before:

I have always liked my black and white swimsuit Frankie, and got her because I loved the limited edition SSDC doll but also loved the pics I had seen of Frankie's who had been given a bob by their owners.

But the doll had so much gel in her hair that it wouldn't move, and she was looking rather cold in a swimsuit.













After:

And here she is, demonstrating that she can now get her fingers through her hair!

I decided to go less-is-more with the changes, because I really do love the base doll. First I got her head off, and washed out her hair with cool water and some baby shampoo. There were a few stray plugs of hair that needed a trim, but otherwise it just needed all the gel gone.

Then I thought about new colder weather clothes. It is fall here, and the summer swimsuit had to go. I also wanted to keep her balck, white, and grey theme.

I crocheted a cardigan, and ran out of time to make new clothes. Extra clothes bag to the rescue! The turtleneck form Abby's snowboarding set is perfect, and I utterly love the skirt. I have no idea where I got it but I suspect an Operetta clothing pack. I was sad to discover that I had no solid white or black closed-toe shoes. So her one bit of color is the barely risible red music notes on the shoes borrowed form Operetta.

She looks ready to head back to school!

I can be reached at siren call of toys AT gmail DOT Com (no spaces and all that!)

No comments:

Post a Comment