Wednesday, January 3, 2018

2018 Doll Goals

Time for 2018 Doll GOALS. I am saying goals, not resolutions, because I want to have fun and not be pressured about getting stuff done for my hobby!

First, what happened in 2017? I want to do a wrap up post on 2017, but I FINALLY got back into my doll hobby and it makes me really happy! So 2017 will be a later post, after I finish recovering photos from the Great Hard drive crash of 2017.

I made two earlier posts this year about Projects and Clothing ideas. I'm going to take some things from them, but I also want a List of things I can actually make real progress on, so I will also remove a lot. And add a bit too!

Projects:

Modern Furniture Project -

  • Make a poof from old socks.
  • Make bedding
  • Make a couch
  • Make a chair 
  • Make a dresser
  • Make bookshelves and storage (felt bins 2 in by 2 in)

Modern Living Spaces Projects (mostly for display)

  • Make living room with Kitchenette
  • Make a bedroom
  • Make a generic store or shop that can have wall posters, stock, and front sign changed up

Fantasy/Castle/Magic Project -

  • Make castle walls and garden
  • Make a Druid grove
  • Make a "wizard" trunk (Harry Potter, yay MyFroggyStuff) with cauldron and potion bottles
  • Make books and parchment

Inspired by Books! -

  • Make a bunk/Room on the Earthrise (spaceship from MCA Hogarth's novels)
    • Design it to be modular - add a door to imply Reese's bathroom and hang her hammock, put bolsters and mattresses on the floor for the twins, nest of blankets and pillows for Kis'et'h, a real nest for Bryer...
  • Make the attic from Lyn Thorne Alder's Aunt Family

CLOTHES - 

I really want to expand the wardrobes, and I think I should just rewatch a lot of MyFroggyStuff and use the ideas to sew for my dolls. My CY Girls are larger, and don't have enough clothes, and Monster High and Ken and even regular Barbies are low on certain things.

No Sew Dresses - Froggy used a 12 inch diameter circle, and carefully cut holes for the head and arms, then belt it. No fray fabric like a T-Shirt works great.

Doll Cardigan Kimono - again, a Froggy video, from an old scarf. Uses the doll to determine the size, which is cool.

Tights or leggings make great stretchy tube dresses. Sew a back seam on a curve, again they do not fray.

Look at some of her Bathing Suit videos, good inspiration and could be extended to a dress.

Froggy has a lot of videos on making pants, shorts, and dresses for dolls.

Fun stuff, and expanding the wardrobe of the dolls, especially the CY girls who have 2 outfits is pretty crucial.

Characters and customs -

  • Give the old GI Joe knock off dreds, and a pirate outfit (he has dreds!)
  • Finish the reroot of an old Belle doll
  • Make the My Scene guy into a giant to hang with the Monster High Crew (he has a robe)
  • Finish the custom Reese Eddings doll
  • Make a custom Autumn from Stranded doll

2 comments:

  1. I get your goals/resolutions preference. For myself, sometimes I have issues with motivation to actually get up and do things. Pushing myself with a hard goal works well for me here.

    I haven't put up any doll resolutions on my own blog. I suppose it's not too late for that to be my next post, though! I look forward to seeing what goals you achieve.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can understand wanting resolutions - different things work for different people! I'd love to see your goals, and more of your 1/6 crew.

      Delete