Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Custom Doll of Autumn from the Stranded setting - Strong start

Second doll goal with significant progress!


My bed will stand in for a Ren faire!

Autumn is one of the siblings in the Stranded setting that Lyn Thorne-Alder writes about (see her Patreon here: https://www.patreon.com/aldersprig ).

She has a wig I made from wool hand dyed by a friend of my sister's, a top from a Barbie fashion pack, a skirt I made, shoes from a Barbie pack, and belt, purse, and shawl from the Volks 1/6 going out of business sale.


That is how the wig looked originally - it has faded significantly in just two months (granted, she sat near a window, but none of my other wigs have faded like this). The yellow is nearly entirely gone. I'm going to need to work on painting or re-dying portions of it.

I do intend to make her a better peasant blouse, a bodice, and a more dramatic skirt. Not to mention hiking boots and a backpack.

But she has clothes now! And her eyes are hazel! Her face mold is.... oddly flat in places, yet I really like her personality (the eyes, I think, and the hair).



See? She just looks lovely!

A few more pics, for now. I hope to return to the project soon!




2 comments:

  1. Eeee so pretty! I love the trim/belt at the top of the skirt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! She is very fun!

      It is a belt - of very fine leather, with embroidered details. Volks, the Japanese company that used to make dolls close to Barbie size, sadly stopped selling them, so I got the belt for something like $2! It is wonderfully detailed.

      Delete