Thursday, September 13, 2018

I have a DollsAhoy Custom!

I went to the August meetup of the Vermont Doll Lovers. It was AWESOME and I got to meet both Modern Wizard and Kukulka (whose name I probably spelled wrong because I am doing that from memory and I have a headache).

Because Kukulka and I drove in from out of state, and are both avid 1/6 collectors, the meeting not only had a summer and beach BBQ theme, it also had a 1/6 theme. We did a lot of swapping of 1/6 items, and it was really fun to not only see dolls I had only seen in pictures, but to also trade items and leave with a haul of new-to-me stuff!

I will put up a separate, more detailed post about the meetup, but this week I am watching Andrea Wilson AKA DollsAhoy's One Hundred Thirteenth doll video, and she mentioned that she is not sure how many dolls she has sent on their way to new homes over the years.

I've got one in my collection now! Modern Wizard was trading dolls, and because I knew this ahead of time and also knew the sorts of things that would interest a quirky and creative collector (1/6 purses, steampunk items), I was able to trade for not one but two dolls.

Prunella was customized by DollsAhoy, and owned by Modern Wizard for some time - she has amazing purple dreadlocks and a very sly, mischievous expression. She has a Liv body, and I am not sure where the head came from.

The guy next to her is the Hip Hoodie Fashionista Ken head (customized by Modern Wizard) on a Flavas body and I am super excited to add both of these dolls to my collection - they both have real character.


The sofa in the background is also a DollsAhoy creation!

I am still unpacking from a move in late spring, and am hoping to get the craft supplies and dolls settled in the new place.

I am also hoping to get to Vermont for the October Vermont Doll Lover's meetup!

1 comment:

  1. Hello there! Your new dolls look lovely, I like that Fashionista, I just wish articulated bodies were easier to find.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete